The Farm*Homestead*Garden Blog

All things farm, garden, homestead related from the Catsndogs4us family.

Our life on a wild, woodland homestead.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

A warm up day- Time to clean the coop!

We had such a terrible stretch of cold weather, below zero temps for over 10 days straight! Finally we're getting some better days and I took advantage of one to clean and air out the coop. I had to take the younger silkies outside to show them that the weather had improved and that I made some paths on top of the snow with all the old shavings. The silkies don't like the cold and snow and I don't blame them. Once I got them outside in the warmer and sunny weather they seemed happy and stayed out for a good while. I let the rabbits out too which is no small thing since I really don't like catching them to return them to their cages at days end. During the summer Hayley will do this but in winter if I let them out I need to catch them again. they can't leave the fenced area but they can sure send me on a wild goose, err rabbit chase until they're good and ready to go back in!













No comments:

Post a Comment