The Farm*Homestead*Garden Blog

All things farm, garden, homestead related from the Catsndogs4us family.

Our life on a wild, woodland homestead.

Friday, February 5, 2021

Early To Rise

 It's not that I mind getting up so early, usually around 5:00am, I am more of a morning person. What I mind is all the rushing. There is so much to do in the morning before heading to the paid job. As long is it's not a dreadfully cold morning the trek to the coop in the dark is not horrid, it's quite peaceful in fact. But there is no time, the days I take a little extra time are the days I'm almost late for work. This morning a couple early birds had already laid their eggs, this splash colored pullet seemed very curious about the eggs I pulled out from under her, I wonder if one of these, likely the blue egg, was her very first egg. There wasn't any time to ponder it with her.


My trusty headlamp leads the way as I fill water and food dishes. Even though I open the coop up before I go to work the birds typically don't come out until it gets light out. 

5:30 AM


Later in the day when I get home there is another round of chores before making dinner for the humans and all too soon it's dark again, time to put the farm to bed. Looking forward summer and the longer days. 

5:30 PM




No comments:

Post a Comment