The Farm*Homestead*Garden Blog

All things farm, garden, homestead related from the Catsndogs4us family.

Our life on a wild, woodland homestead.

Thursday, April 27, 2023

On the farm 4/27

I got a few more coop signs at the Agway feed store today. They have these every year and I pick a couple new ones for the coop. They are only $1.00, well the used to give them out free, inflation I guess!


 I gave the rescue bantams some time in the coop again today. They are now 6 weeks old and the plan was to move them to the coop full time this week while I'm off work. Well the tiny white chick still gets chilled so we have to keep them in the house brooder longer. I'm not used to chicks that are even smaller than silkies, the white chick is about the size of a typical chick at 2 weeks or less. She had a very rough start in life so that could certainly be part of it. It would probably help to know her breed but I'm still not sure. We need little chick to grow more or the weather to warm up!







 

I got my netting around one of the raised beds to plant that out. This bed attracts escape chickens, our cats and the silly wild turkeys so I have to partially cover it so the plants have a chance to grow. I ned to leave the top open so pollinators can still get n and can't use something too solid or the birds can fly up, land and jump in. Last year the netting over the sides worked hopefully it will again this year. It doesn't look pretty but it does the job. 


 

Finally, turkeys lounging on the lawn because they think they live here. They make cute lawn ornaments anyway!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment