The Farm*Homestead*Garden Blog

All things farm, garden, homestead related from the Catsndogs4us family.

Our life on a wild, woodland homestead.

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Challenging Dog Walks and a Boat on the Beach

 The capsized boat which has been floating around in the middle of the lake all week is now recovered and tied up at the beach. The dogs enjoyed checking out this new thing. The walks were challenging in part because the medium sized blond dog that bothered Comet a few weeks ago tried to attack Dartha today. Dartha is old and has arthritis, it wasn't nice at all for her when the scrappy dog ran at her and started barking and biting. I don't know why the folks that belong to this dog don't keep it leashed, they were all outside. I'm not even sure if it was the dog's owner who rescued Dartha or a friend of theirs. The older gentleman who was trying to get the dog under control kept yelling to the couple (who I assume are the dogs owners, though I could be wrong) to get a leash or something and they...didn't. They just stayed in the yard I was on the road with Dartha and that's where the dog ran at us.  I don't get it at all. The person removing the dog was very apologetic I wish I understood just who owns this dog but Dartha was far too upset for me to try and talk with them she was shaking badly and I needed to get her away. The people are just summer or holiday people they're not always there and I don't know them. I hope they have finally learned that their dog is NOT safe to run loose.







 


No comments:

Post a Comment