The Farm*Homestead*Garden Blog

All things farm, garden, homestead related from the Catsndogs4us family.

Our life on a wild, woodland homestead.

Friday, August 2, 2019

A chain saw that is my size

One tool that I've always forbidden myself from using is a chainsaw. I'm pretty accident prone and I doubt that my hubby would let me use one of his. And I really wouldn't want to, they're big and heavy and dangerous! Also he's just pretty possessive of his power tools :-). Recently he bought a few battery powered tools including a small chain saw. When he used the small chain saw he became frustrated with it because it didn't cut quickly and the battery ran out pretty fast. Well...I knew this was my chance. Once hubby set aside that chain saw I casually asked if I could use it, he said sure it's not much good for me. I was kinda worried about trying it, that whole accident prone thing but it's really light and easy to manage. AND August is getting ready for winter month, I've decided, so I might as well try cutting some things that need cutting and cutting up some firewood. The little saw works fine for me and there are 2 batteries so I can charge one while using one. I cut up a bunch of smaller pieces of wood, a bigger birch log and a piece of the old barn wood that was blocking proper growth for a cute little Christmas tree smelling pine tree. We tend to get hemlock and those larger wispy, long needled, pine type trees or sometimes "Christmas trees" that have grown too deep in the forest and don't have a good shape or too tall. I was happy to find the little Christmas tree with a good smell and shape and want to give it every chance.

A chain saw that is just right for me.

I added quit a bit to the wood pile today from kindling to big logs.

Little Christmas tree. The top is wonky but it will grow straighter now the barn board above is cut.

After exhausting both of my chainsaw batteries and myself I went on to a small but pesky thing that has been bothering me. The gate to the chicken/duck yard was a bit low and scarping across the ground when opened so I raised that up once I finally found the right tool.

Raised up the chicken/duck yard fence so it doesn't scrape the ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment