The Farm*Homestead*Garden Blog

All things farm, garden, homestead related from the Catsndogs4us family.

Our life on a wild, woodland homestead.

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Good harvests lately

We're still getting ripe nectarines, a few each day and now plums too. The hazelnuts are getting closer, I sort of feel like I'm playing "chicken" with the wildlife, how long dare I let the hazelnuts ripen. I really feel it's a bit too early but I reassess at least once a day. Most of the dinner I made today was from garden harvest, all sorts of good summer squash, green and yellow beans, bell peppers,  cucumbers, potatoes and more went into a salad, veggie lasagne, roasted potatoes, stir fried veg. and boiled green and yellow beans. Their is a definite chill in the air some mornings just lately and I head back to work tomorrow. I'm glad to have gotten some of my large projects completed but some will have to be fit in (here's hoping!) this fall.

Nectarines and plums, not huge but home grown and delicious!

The pumpkins on the giant plant are starting to ripen.

The chickens are laying  pretty well though a little slower than spring. I think some are starting their molt.

Hazelnuts just a few with a little brown like this, I'll wait another day or two, I think!

Dipsy the Frizzle, who does things her own way molted over the summer and is looking good and refeathered now. 

White silkies always look so dirty dust bathing then they stand and shake and the dirt comes right off and they're beautiful again afterwards!

More dust bathing beauties.

Bunnies munching away.


Cleaned the coop this weekend, head rooster Mo approves.

The birds enjoying their day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment