The Farm*Homestead*Garden Blog

All things farm, garden, homestead related from the Catsndogs4us family.

Our life on a wild, woodland homestead.

Friday, February 2, 2018

I love a parade- chicken style

More snow fell in the night and this morning, the chickens paths were covered with white. I knew this was an issue when I let the gang out of the coop for the morning and though the ducks ran right out into the yard a group of chickens stopped in their tracks right before leaving the covered part of the run. It is true, chickens don't like walking on new, white snow. Some say it's because they have a form of snow blindness and can't see where to step. It confuses them. I don't know for sure why it is but I had some time so I cleared their existing paths for them. They were right behind me as I shoveled. It's like this every time, a chicken parade, and I'm the leader!








We went down the hill to an area they like to hang out, the rabbits better weather enclosure. I shoveled a little more on the way back up the hill and some of the birds followed me back up!










That was our chicken parade for today. Next parade is scheduled for...whenever the next snowfall occurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment